Outdoor Outdoor Cafe Guide for Market Umbrellas & Breeze Barriers in Perth, WA
Expand your outdoor dining areas with our stunning, cutting-edge commercial products. Our cafe barriers and market umbrellas will shelter patrons from the sun, wind and rain, allowing them to enjoy a pleasant, al fresco dining experience. Awnet furniture are an ideal solution for restaurants and cafes where awnings and verandas are not a viable option.
Perth City Council does not have their policies on the use of cafe umbrellas and barriers for commercial establishments easily obtainable on the internet. As a guide, we have included the City of Vincent 'Outdoor Eating Areas' policy on this page.
The information here is only a guide. Please contact your local council for the specifics relating to your establishment.
Cafe barriers and umbrellas are to be free standing.
All furniture must be removed from public areas at the end of trading hours each day, unless the City Council has specified otherwise.
All barriers must be maintained in good condition, and be safe for commercial use.
Where cafe umbrellas are used, they must be:
• Adequately secured to ensure they do not become dislodged in high winds ;
• Must be removed at the close of business each day; and
• The outer edge of the market umbrella must not be closer than 600mm to the kerb and have a minimum height clearance of 2.75m.
Permanent fixing points in the footpath may be considered but only where the applicant can demonstrate that it will not affect the City’s infrastructure or other services and are concealed when not in use so not to be a trip hazard.
Cafe barriers may be installed within an outdoor eating area for the purpose of weather protection, provided that they:
• Are non-reflective, transparent and light weight;
• Do not have the visual or apparent effect of enclosing a public place;
• Are removed at the end of business trading hours each day;
• Do not hinder the use of a public place during and after business trading hours;
• Do not cause injury or affect the amenity of the immediate area;
• Are not attached to a place listed on the City’s Heritage List or Municipal Heritage Inventory, or in the Register of Places under the Heritage of Western Australia Act 1990, unless approved by the responsible authority.
- All advertising signage to be displayed in accordance with the City of Vincent Trading in Public Places Local Law.
To find out more about how you can use our market umbrellas and cafe barriers in Perth, contact your local council or give us a call on 1800 417 888 today.