Commencing in the early 80’s with the supply of shop-front presentations for major Australian corporations, Awnet pioneered the World’s first fibreglass awning. Awnet have since continued to supply signage and related products to Australia’s leading companies such as Coca Cola, McDonalds & Lion. With the creation of Street Cafe Barriers we introduced ‘alfresco dining’ to the City of Melbourne which then spread throughout Australia. Many other countries are experiencing the benefits from our approach to market umbrella and cafe barrier designs.
Why we are the Market Leaders
We are one of the leading umbrella companies in Australia, but you don't need to take our word for it, take a look at some of our products and decide yourself.
Awnet's goal: “To make you look good on the streets”, whilst experiencing the ease of working with professionals.
Mechanical and Aerospace Wind Tunnel Facility
Don Moore Engineering
are the warranty terms and conditions?
- 3 to 10 years (depending on the style of umbrella).
- Unconditional guarantee on frame. You break it we fix it, free, for 3 years.
- Are your cafe umbrellas made in Australia?
- Yes. From concept to completion all our market umbrellas are made in Australia.
- Direct from the manufacturing warehouse to the customer.
- Buy direct! No middle man.
- What is
the minimum order quantity?
are the Awnet market umbrellas made from?
- Custom designed and extruded aluminium interlocking arms with aluminium cogs and brackets
- Stainless steel nuts and bolts
- Read more here
choice of cafe umbrella poles do Awnet offer?
- Aluminium or Stainless Steel
- 38mm, 45mm or 50mm diameter
- 1.6mm or 3mm thick.
- Dulux industrial, outdoor, long life powder coating
material is the cafe umbrella canopy made from?
- Solution dyed acrylic canvas
- NOT polyester!
- How is the
cover attached to the cafe umbrella?
- Eyelets on the cover corners then fixed to the frame with an 8mm stainless steel bolt.
- Velcro tabs on the arms for further security
- Can the
cover be replaced?
- Yes. Remove bolts, swap covers, return bolts to place.
- Can my
logo be printed on the cafe umbrella canopy
- Yes, full, in-house, design team
- Full, in-house, screen printing department
- Grand format digital UV printer
- Heat Transfer printing and pressing
- How can I
safely secure my umbrellas?
- Full stainless steel in-ground socket approved by the Melbourne City Council.
- Patented slip bolt system for when sockets aren’t an option.
- Umbrella bases with weight bags are allowed by some councils, but only if other, more secure, alternatives are not possible.
- Is the
Awnet cafe umbrella wind rated?
- Yes, the Awnet cafe umbrella is tested to winds beyond 120kph.
- Watch Awnets wind tunnel tests at Monash University.
- Is the
Awnet market umbrella engineer certified?
- What are the manufacturing times?
- 2 to 3 weeks
- For corporates, no deposit, no payment before delivery.
you warehouse for customers?
- Yes. Awnet offer a full warehousing and distribution service.
- Awnet will warehouse agreed upon levels of stock for customers.
- 72 hour dispatch time on warehoused items
- For corporate customers Awnet offer a 24/7 online ordering system customised specifically to their products and branding.
other services do you provide?
- Graphic design, large format digital printing,
- Steel tube bending
- Welding: Aluminium, Steel, Stainless Steel
- Sewing and thermal welding
- Acrylic bending
- Graphic design, large format digital printing, screen printing
- What are
- Because we design, manufacture, print and warehouse all under the one roof we are able to keep prices low and at a competitive level.
- Cut out the middle man. Buy direct from us.
‘Helping you work smarter and save’
We can set up and personalise a secure online logistics site. Enabling you to do business anytime and anywhere.
We employ a wide range of technologies to apply our client’s logos and graphics onto durable outdoor substrates.
We are currently running a grand format UV digital printer which can print up to 3m wide and a smaller solvent print and cut printer.
Our screen printers make us the only company able to print 5 colour process onto acrylic canvas umbrellas.
Our thermal welding machine allows us weld barriers together, instead of sewing, which massively increases the strength of the panel
Our ‘Textile team’ is comprised of skilled members who are trained to handle heavy GSM fabrics. Such fabrics are used so that you the customer receive a product that is not only better looking, also has a longer life span.
We also have a massive, 11m long x 3.2m wide, fully automatic cutter, allowing us to accurately cut all our umbrella and barrier patterns at an incredible speed.